If you’re a licensed driver in Massachusetts, navigating the roads and highways can be challenging. There’s always a chance you might run afoul of the law, and before you know it, your driver’s license may be suspended. This can be a major inconvenience, as it limits your ability to travel, work, and fulfill other obligations that require driving.
The good news is that a traffic attorney can help you. In this post, we’ll discuss how a traffic attorney can assist you in reinstating your license following a suspension.
Understanding License Suspension in Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) has the authority to suspend your driver’s license for a number of reasons. These include:
- Accumulating too many tickets on your driving record
- Refusing to take a breathalyzer or blood test after being pulled over for suspected drunk driving
- Being convicted of a DUI or other serious traffic violation
- Failing to pay court fines or fees
- You can find more information at this link: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/suspensions-from-multiple-offenses
In some cases, you may be able to petition for a hardship license. This can enable you to drive to work, school, or other approved destinations during your license suspension period. However, in order to qualify for a hardship license, you must demonstrate a compelling need for one, and this can be difficult to do on your own. That’s where a traffic attorney can help.
How a Traffic Attorney Can Help
When your driver’s license is suspended, it’s important to take action as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult it can become to get your license reinstated. A traffic attorney can assist you with the following:
- Reviewing the details of your suspension – A skilled traffic attorney will review the details of your suspension to determine whether there are grounds to appeal the suspension and/or seek a hardship license.
- Advocating on your behalf – Your traffic attorney can represent you in court, advocating for your right to a hardship license or to have your license reinstated. This includes presenting evidence to support your claim, such as proof of employment or evidence of treatment for alcohol or substance abuse.
- Helping you navigate the legal system – Your traffic attorney is familiar with the laws and regulations surrounding license suspension and can guide you through the process of applying for a hardship license or appealing your suspension.
- Protecting your rights – When your license is suspended, it’s important to be aware of your rights. Your attorney can ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the process.
- Exploring your options – Depending on the specifics of your case, there may be different options available to you. A skilled traffic attorney can explore all available options and recommend the best course of action.
What to Look for in a Traffic Attorney
When choosing a traffic attorney to help you with your license suspension, it’s important to look for the following qualities:
- Knowledge and experience in traffic law – Your attorney should be knowledgeable about the laws and regulations surrounding license suspension in Massachusetts.
- Excellent communication skills – Your attorney should be able to explain your options clearly and communicate effectively with you throughout the process.
- A commitment to their clients – Your attorney should be committed to helping you resolve your legal issues and getting your license reinstated as soon as possible.
Contact Cutler Law for Help with License Suspension
At Cutler Law Boston, we have extensive experience representing clients facing license suspension in Massachusetts. Our team of skilled traffic attorneys will work tirelessly to help you get your license back and will guide you through every step of the legal process.
If you need help with your license suspension, don’t wait – contact us today at (617) 542-5000 to schedule a consultation. We are here to help you.